Prepare for Your Tax Appointment
In order to prepare a complete and accurate return, we need to receive all of your relevant information in an organized way. We prepare documents to help you in this process. For remote appointments, we ask that you combine all of your tax documents along with our organizational forms into a single packet and either scan and upload them as a single PDF into your Cloud, fax them, or mail them. If you bring documents to an in person appointment or send them in the mail for a remote appointment, please send us only the documents that are needed. Consider mailing in copies of your forms rather than the originals. We will scan physical documents we receive into our system, and envelopes, sticky notes, or staples can slow down the process. Please also note that you can keep copies of your receipts for your records; simply send us the totals in each category unless you have questions about a particular receipt.
Information we need includes:
- Family information (e.g., names, birthdates, SSNs, dependents, filing status)
- Contact information (e.g., updated phone numbers, emails, mailing addresses)
- Major events that may affect your tax situation (e.g., births, deaths, changes in filing status, sale of property)
- Income (e.g., w2s, 1099s, K1s, self-employment records)
- Adjustments & Deductions (e.g., 1098s for interest, total sum of charitable contributions, local taxes paid, relevant expenses)
- Taxes Paid (e.g., estimates paid)
- Credits (e.g., education expenses)
Our documents will help you in the process of gathering information. Please always include our documents with your tax information.
ADDITIONAL SERVICE - CARE PLAN:
- For a $25 fee per return, Kari will receive, review, and (when necessary) respond to any letter that the IRS may send to you regarding that return.
- Clients who do not opt for the Care Plan may be charged $50-$150 for Kari to review and respond to IRS letters, depending on the complexity of the issue.
- To complete the Care Plan, please print two copies (if married, one if single) of 2022 Form 8821 Fillable. For each, fill out the name, address, TIN (SSN) at the top and name, signature, and date at the bottom. Do not include more than one person on a single form. The $25 fee will include both spouses if Married Filing Jointly.
- Care Plan Instructions
- If you would like to have our office file an extension for you, please fill out our 2022 Extension Agreement Fillable. Follow instructions carefully so that we can help you make a payment by the deadline.
- An extension grants you an extension to file, not an extension to pay.
- Please make a $25 payment on our website or mail a check to PO Box 400, Los Alamitos, CA 90720. This payment is a deposit which will go toward your final tax invoice.